Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
SHCC Final Pass
SHCC Final Pass at Houston Raceway Park
(Formerly Royal Purple)
If you’re a drag racing fan, you know that Houston Raceway Park is legendary for the records it has held over the years.
We are down to the last few months before it closes, and several of us want to make a final pass on the historic quarter mile track.
Friday Night Street Cars – Friday March 3rd 6pm to Midnight (2525 FM 565, Baytown, TX 77523)
- SHCC drivers meeting at track at 8:15 pm
- Coaches and vehicle techs will be available.
- Our intention will be to line up together in pairs (grudge racing style ), but the purpose is to just have some fun and make a pass in your car vs. trying to win the race.
- This is a perfect opportunity if you have never made a pass down a dragstrip.
- For reference, a C7 Stingray is likely to just reach around 120mph at the finish if you make an aggressive pass, with plenty of track to coast to a stop if necessary, but your free to lift off the throttle at any point you choose.
- A photographer/videographer will be onsite to capture the SHCC experience.
- Requirements (Additional details to follow)
- Pants, closed toe shoes, and helmet required. (Loaners available)
- C6, C7, and C8 convertibles are allowed. (Pending confirmation)
- $30 to enter a car and driver.
- A second driver of the same car is another $30.
- $20 for non driving crew member in the pits.
- $15 for spectators.
- Rain out date – Friday March 31.
Friday, March 3, 2023, 6:00 PM until 11:55 PM
Houston Raceway Park<br />(Formerly Royal Purple)
2525 FM 565
Baytown, TX 77523
Attendees pay for their own charges